The Faculty of Psychology’s Public Relation – Summer Course with the topic of Psychological Assessment is the first summer course held by the Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Padjadjaran. The Studio of Continuing Education on Psychology (SCEP) at the Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Padjadjaran, organizes this activity to develop participants’ knowledge and skills regarding the basics and application of a more comprehensive psychological assessment. This activity itself is held for five days from 19-23 July 2022 and can be followed online or offline (in Bandung City).
In an interview with Mr. Hari Setyowibowo, S.Psi., M.Psi., Ph.D., Psychologist, as the Head of Studio of Continuing Education on Psychology at Universitas Padjadjaran, he said that this summer course activity would be carried out regularly every year with different themes. The first theme is related to Psychological Assessment. This theme was chosen because Psychological Assessment is the primary skill needed in psychology. Not only that, the advantages that the Faculty of Psychology Unpad has, in the form of practitioners or experts in the field of psychological assessment, supporting laboratories, and many online assessment developments that the faculty did during the Covid-19 Pandemic, have all made this theme the best choice to start a series of annual Summer Course programs.
Course Director: R. Urip Purwono, M.Sc., Ph.D., Psychologist [Photo: Public Relations Division of the Faculty of Psychology]
The topics discussed in this activity are divided into 13 topics, including:
- History and The Current State of Psychological Assessment
- Methods of Assessment in Psychology
- Assessment of Cognitive Abilities
- Assessment of Non-Cognitive
- Psychological Assessment in Clinical Setting
- Psychological Assessment in The Workplace
- Psychological Assessment for Children Population
- Test Security
- Online Psychological Assessment: The Do and Don’t
- Practicum in Psychological Assessment
- The Development of Psychological Assessment
- Reliability and Validity of Psychological Assessment
- Practicum in Test Analysis
The best speakers in their field fill each topic; they are:
- R. Urip Purwono, M.Sc., Ph.D., Psychologist (Head of Center for Psychometrics, Assessment and Evaluation)
- Maharani Syahratu Kertapati, S.Psi, M.Psi, Psychologist (Head of Research and Development at Daya Dimensi Indonesia)
- Dr. Suwaibah Zakaria (Lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology and Education at Universiti Malaysia Saba)
- Aulia Iskandarsyah, M.Psi., M.Sc., Ph.D., Psychologist (Lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Padjadjaran)
- Dr. Afra Hafny Noer, M.Sc., Psychologist (Lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Padjadjaran)
- Ike Marieta, S.Psi., Psychologist (Director of the Psychology Innovation Center, Universitas Padjadjaran)
- E. Bugi Agung Pratama, S.Psi, M.Psi, Psychologist (Senior Manager at Department of Psychometry and Professional Development at Psychology Innovation Center, Universitas Padjadjaran)
- Whisnu Yudiana, S. Psi., M. Psi., Psychologist (Lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Padjadjaran).
Head of Studio of Continuing Education on Psychology, Universitas Padjadjaran: Hari Setyowibowo, S.Psi., M.Psi., Ph.D., Psychologist [Photo: Public Relations Division of the Faculty of Psychology]
This summer course activity is generally open to being followed by undergraduate psychology students or education students who have completed the Introduction to Statistics course at their respective universities, both from domestic and foreign universities. Furthermore, lecturers and researchers also had the opportunity to participate in this activity online. In addition to providing benefits in terms of knowledge for the participants involved, this summer course activity is also equipped with cultural tours to various places in Bandung City, specifically intended for participants who participate in this activity offline. The cultural tour includes a visit to Braga Street, enjoying Sundanese food, a visit to Saung Angklung Udjo, and touring the city to various locations of Factory Outlet in Riau Street, as well as a trip to Kebun Teh Pangalengan and Kawah Putih in Ciwidey.
Offline Summer Course Implementation [Photo: Public Relations Division of the Faculty of Psychology]
On the first day of the summer course activity, there were 30 participants, both Indonesian and Malaysian citizens. Their presence was full of enthusiasm in the group discussions that took place. Furthermore, Mr. Hari Setyowibowo, S.Psi, M.Psi., Ph.D., and Psychologist, hoped this event would benefit the participants, including making the summer course event an activity that many other participants from abroad could participate in. Hopefully, this event can develop further by involving trainers and experts from other countries. Thus, the summer course that the Faculty of Psychology Unpad holds can become an international gathering and open more opportunities for this faculty to show its excellence in many fields as a strategy for collaborating with various psychology practitioners from abroad (TSN/RA/NAHP).