The Faculty of Psychology’s Public Relation – One Day International Conference, or known as ODIC, is a metamorphosis of PURE4 (PIO Unpad Reunited), that is a collaboration of the Industry and Organizational Psychology Department (PIO) and the alumni of PIO in the Faculty of Psychology Unpad. This event is held annually and ODIC is a scientific event along with the Dies Natalis 61st the Faculty of Psychology Unpad.
In 2022, ODIC was held in the context of internationalization and recognition of the working groups in the Faculty of Psychology Unpad. ODIC is held by the Working Group on Human Capital and Entrepreneurship (WG-HCE), chaired by Dr. Yus Nugraha, M.A., CPC., Psikolog.
ODIC also carried the theme “The Sustainability of Human Well Being: When Psychology Meets Technology”. The background of the implementation of this event is the importance of using technology for the sustainability of human mental well-being which will certainly benefit the organization in general so that it can be more productive and at the same time improve the welfare of its employees.
ODIC was held on September 9th, 2022 in a hybrid way: online through Zoom Meeting platform and offline at the Graduate School, Unpad, Dipati Ukur, Bandung. ODIC started at 08.00 WIB and lasted until 17.00 WIB. With the chief executive namely Dr. Anissa Lestari Kadiyono, MPsi., Psychologist as Chair of the Scientific Committee. The number of registered participants was 539 participants, consisting of 10 countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa, Australia, Liberia, the United States, the Netherlands, India, and Ghana.
The series of activities from ODIC were divided into three sessions considering the situation and condition of the presenters in different time zones. The first session discussed the role of technology in the development of psychological services and how companies make efforts to achieve human well-being. This session was moderated by Dr. Annisa Lestari Kadiyono, M.Psi., Psychologist and presented by presenters from Indonesia, namely:
- Mr. Ririek Adriansyah, President Director PT. Telkom Indonesia (Tbk), with the topic “Psychology in Digital Era”,
- Mr. Irvandi Ferizal, Human Capital Director at Maybank, with the topic “Enhancing Technology in Experiencing Human Well Being”,
- Mrs. Dwiana Kusuma Wardhani, HR Lead for Nutrition and Ice Cream at Unilever Indonesia, with the topic “Agile Ways of Working and Well Being”, and
- Mrs. Ike Marieta, Director of Pusat Inovasi Psikologi (PIP) Unpad, with the topic “How Psychologists Work: Assessment & Counseling in Digital Era”.
First Session [Photo: Humas Fapsi]
There was a keynote session by Prof. Annamaria Di Fabio, Dean School of Psychology, University of Florence, Italy with the theme “Decent Work and Sustainability for Healthy Organizations: New Empirical Evidence”. The second session discussed psychological and organizational aspects in creating decent work. This session was moderated by Dr. rer. nat. Shally Novita with speakers from Japan, Malaysia, and India, namely:
- Prof. Akira Tsuda, Teikyo University Science and Technology, with the topic “Psychological Safety & Well Being in Organizations in Japanese Workers”,
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chua Bee Seok, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, dan Prof. Dr. Rosnah Ismail, University of Cyberjaya, with the topic “The Influence of Job Stressors on Work-Life Balance among Teacher in Sabah, Malaysia”, dan
- Prof. Dr. Alpana Vaidya, Head of Psychology Dept. Symbiosis College Pune, with the topic “Workplace Well Being and Decent Work in Indian Organization”.
Second Session [Photo: Humas Fapsi]
The third session discussed efforts to create decent jobs to achieve a healthy organization, moderated by Mrs. Asteria Devy Kumalasari, M.Sc., Ph.D., Psychologist and presented by presenters from Italy, namely Dr. Andrea Svicher dan Prof. Annamaria Di Fabio, Universitas of Florence, with the topic “Decent Work and Sustainability for Vulnerable Workers: From Job Crafting to Diversity Management”. The session ended with closing from Dr. Yus Nugraha, M.A., CPC., Psychologist with the topic “Human Capital Sustainability Leadership Scale (HCSLS), Indonesian Version : A Preliminary Study”.
Third Session [Photo: Humas Fapsi]
Overall, this event went well with materials that were also beneficial for all participants and the opening of collaborations with various universities abroad which were expected to increase the work of the Faculty of Psychology Unpad in the global arena (TSN/RA/NAHP)*.